New Delhi. Income tax payers can now file Income Tax Return (ITR filing 2022-23) on the e-filing portal for the assessment year 2022-23. The Income Tax Department has requested the taxpayer to file ITR by tweeting. The last date for filing income tax return for any common person for the financial year 2021-22 is July 31, 2022 (ITR filing 2022-23 Last Date). On the other hand, the last date for filing income tax returns for such businesses which require audit is October 31, 2022. If a taxpayer has done any specified foreign or domestic transaction, then he can file ITR till 30 November 2022.
Many changes have been made in the tax filing system this year. For example, this time the Income Tax Department is also asking the taxpayers whether they want to pay tax according to the same tax regime as last year or if you want to change it. For filing ITR on the e-filing portal, you need to have PAN card, Aadhar card, Form 16, bank account details, investment details along with proofs and other income proofs. Not only this, it is also necessary to have a link of PAN and Aadhaar to file ITR and your e-mail ID should also be registered with the Income Tax Department.
Also read- PAN-Aadhaar Link: If the work is not completed by June 30, then a fine of Rs 1,000 will be imposed from July, link with easy steps
This is the way to fill ITR
- Income Tax Department official website https://www.incometax.gov.in/iec/foportal/ Go to
- Log in by entering your User ID i.e. PAN, Password and Captcha code.
- Go to the e-file menu and click on the Income Tax Return link here.
- You will reach the Income Tax Return page. Here your PAN will be automatically entered as it is linked with the ITR database. After this, click on File now.
- Now select assessment year. You will get 2022-23. have to select.
- Now click on Online Mode of Filling.
- Here your status will be asked like Individual, HUF or other. Click on Individual.
- After this you have to choose your ITR form.
- If your total income is up to Rs 50 lakh then click on ITR 1. This income includes income from salary, property and interest and income up to 5 thousand from agriculture.
- If you are Individual, HUF and Firm (other than LLP) and your income is up to Rs 50 lakh and you have income from business and profession as per section 44AD, 44ADA or 44AE then click on ITR 4.
- Let’s say you have clicked on ITR 1.
- After that click on Let’s get started.
- Select the reason for filing the return.
- Now verify your already entered information.
- You can change most of the columns here by uploading new documents.
- After filling all the information asked here, click on confirm.
- When the confirmation is complete, click on Verify and Submit. It may take a few minutes.
- Now select the appropriate verification option in the ‘Taxes Paid and Verification’ tab. You can e-verify immediately or you can verify it even after 120 days using the method mentioned on the website.
- Keep clicking on Save Draft after every step on the e-filing portal. It is necessary to do this because many times your filled information gets deleted after time out.
- The draft on the ITR website is saved for 30 days from the date of saving it or till the filing of ITR.
Tags: income tax department, Income tax latest news, ITR, ITR filing
FIRST PUBLISHED : June 23, 2022, 16:28 IST